In 2013, the Iowa Board of Regents asked the state universities and special schools that it oversees to institute several recommended best practices for responding to public information requests and providing Iowans with ready access to information. This site outlines some of the key ways that Iowans can access information as well as provide input to state officials.
Public records requests
- Iowa State University is subject to the Iowa Public Records Law, Chapter 22 of the Iowa Code. This Q&A explains the law and how to request information.
- View public records requests.
- View Public Records Statistical Reports (PDFs)
Key sources for news, information
- News Service
- Campus news sources, by department
- ISU statistics, facts
- Consumer information disclosures
Public hearings on regents agendas
Prior to each state Board of Regents meeting, Iowans can review the agenda online and, if desired, provide comments at one of six public hearings held at the regents institutions and the board office. All hearings throughout the state will be video recorded and posted on the regents hearings website. The site also contains public hearing details and schedules through 2014.